Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Sources to Consult
Here are a few resources that provide a more in-depth overview on compiling legislative history for Louisiana laws and when you may want to do so.
- How Do I Compile the Legislative History?, Louisiana State Legislature, https://www.legis.la.gov/legis/HowDoI2.aspx?p=6#1 (last visited Apr. 5, 2016).
- Brian Huddleston, Louisiana Legislative History Resources, 30 Legal Reference Servs. Q. 42 (2011), http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1361742.
- Mary Garvey Algero, Louisiana Legal Research 57-65 (2d ed. 2013). Available in print. (Includes discussion on bill tracking.)
- Lawrence E. Marino, Tracking Legislation and Researching Legislative History, 48 La. B. J. 370 (2001). Available in print. (Includes discussion on bill tracking and federal processes.)
- Sara Pic, Louisiana Legislative History Research, The Law Library of Louisiana (Jan. 21, 2016), http://lasc.libguides.com/Louisiana-legislative-history-research.
- Louisiana Legislative History, State Library of Louisiana (June 21, 2015), http://slol.libguides.com/legislativehistory.
- Haley Johnson, Legislative History: A Beginner's Guide to Louisiana Legislative History, Louisiana Library Association (Mar. 2014), https://llaonline.org/Documents/Conferences/2014/Legislative_History.pdf.