Here are a few resources that provide a more in-depth overview on compiling legislative history for Louisiana laws and when you may want to do so.
- How Do I Compile the Legislative History?, Louisiana State Legislature, https://www.legis.la.gov/legis/HowDoI2.aspx?p=6#1 (last visited Apr. 5, 2016).
- Brian Huddleston, Louisiana Legislative History Resources, 30 Legal Reference Servs. Q. 42 (2011), http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1361742.
- Mary Garvey Algero, Louisiana Legal Research 57-65 (2d ed. 2013). Available in print. (Includes discussion on bill tracking.)
- Lawrence E. Marino, Tracking Legislation and Researching Legislative History, 48 La. B. J. 370 (2001). Available in print. (Includes discussion on bill tracking and federal processes.)
- Sara Pic, Louisiana Legislative History Research, The Law Library of Louisiana (Jan. 21, 2016), http://lasc.libguides.com/Louisiana-legislative-history-research.
- Louisiana Legislative History, State Library of Louisiana (June 21, 2015), http://slol.libguides.com/legislativehistory.
- Haley Johnson, Legislative History: A Beginner's Guide to Louisiana Legislative History, Louisiana Library Association (Mar. 2014), https://llaonline.org/Documents/Conferences/2014/Legislative_History.pdf.