- provides resources for filing a formal complaint of employment discrimination and also provides mediation/alternative dispute resolution services. Contact for ADR services in New Orleans: Jennifer Ortiz, Mickey Leland Federal Building, 1919 Smith Street, 7 Floor, Houston, TX 77002-8049. (713) 209-3433, fax: (713) 209-3317, TTY (713) 209-3439.
- provides mediation for indigent clients to resolve family law disputes. Contact the Louisiana Civil Justice Center for a referral. Call toll free: (800) 310-7029, or locally (504) 355-0970. Hours are Mon.-Fri., 9:00-4:00.
- provides dispute resolution services between communities, private industry and government agencies with problems related to environmental injustice. Contact: Michael Orr, Operations Manager, 162 Croyodon Ave., Baton Rouge, LA 70806. (225) 928-1315, fax: (225) 922-9247. You can send them an email through their website.
provides free mediation services that informally resolve ADA complaints and develop mutually agreed upon solutions that comply with the ADA. Call the ADA information line (800) 514-0301 (Voice) and 800-514-0383 (TTY). Call Mon.-Wed. and Fri. 9:30–5:30, Thurs. 12:30–5:30 (Eastern Time). See their website for instructions on how to file a complaint.
- provides legal services to patients and their families. Walk-ins are accepted for scheduled clinics. Free and discounted services are available with verification of household income and family size. Contact: 200 Henry Clay Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118. To make an appointment call: (504) 355-0983.
- provides legal representation through the Child Advocacy Program for children who have been abused, neglected or under the care of the Department of Children and Family Services. They also provide legal representation for adults in mental health matters. See their website for locations throughout Louisiana. Contact: The New Orleans Office: 1450 Poydras Street, Suite 1105, New Orleans, LA 70112. (504) 568-8904, fax: (504) 568-8914. Email: Romona.Jordan@la.gov.
- provides forms, court rules and information on expungement and how to file a motion. Also within the criminal court system is Drug Court, Domestic Violence Court and Mental Health Court. Contact: 2700 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119. (504) 658-9100, fax: (504) 658-9113.
provides legal aid to personnel with personal civil legal issues. Contact: Hale Boggs Federal Building, 500 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70130. (504) 671-2331, (504) 671-2036, fax: (504) 671-2041.
- provides forms, civil legal services and representation to all uniformed servicemen on active duty. Services are varied and include family law, foreclosure, landlord/tenant, wills and more. Call to schedule an appointment or fill out their intake form online. Walk-ins allowed for notaries and power of attorney. Contact: NAS JRB Belle Chasse, 400 Russell Ave., Bldg 492, Room 102, New Orleans, LA 70143-6100. Hours are Mon. Wed. Fri. 9:00-3:30 and Tues. & Thurs. 8:00-3:30. (504) 678-4692. Fax: (504) 678-4693.