- provides resources for filing a formal complaint of employment discrimination and also provides mediation/alternative dispute resolution services. Contact for ADR services in New Orleans: Jennifer Ortiz, Mickey Leland Federal Building, 1919 Smith Street, 7 Floor, Houston, TX 77002-8049. (713) 209-3433, fax: (713) 209-3317, TTY (713) 209-3439.
provides legal services in defense of human rights in environmental justice cases. Contact: 832 Topaz Street, New Orleans, LA. (504) 799-3060, fax: (504) 799-3061. Email: Monique Harden, Co-Director email@example.com, Nathalie Walker, Co-Director firstname.lastname@example.org.
- provides individuals, communities and organizations free and low cost legal services for environmental justice and human rights issues. A professional team of experienced attorneys work with law students to provide a wide range of services, including research, strategy, legislation, policy advocacy, litigation and document creation. See their website to submit a detailed overview of your issue.
- provides environmental regulatory assistance to small businesses and communities, investigates environmental violations, takes enforcement actions and assesses penalties to agencies in violation of state environmental laws. Call their 24 hour toll free hotline to report an environmental concern 1-(888) 763-5424, or locally Mon.-Fri. 8:00-4:30, (225) 219-3640, after business hours (225) 342-1234, or file a complaint online. Complaints can be made anonymously by phone Mon.-Fri. 9:00-3:00. Call to report an incidence of littering or illegal dumping 1-(888) 548-7284.
- provides dispute resolution services between communities, private industry and government agencies with problems related to environmental injustice. Contact: Michael Orr, Operations Manager, 162 Croyodon Ave., Baton Rouge, LA 70806. (225) 928-1315, fax: (225) 922-9247. You can send them an email through their website.
- Re-entry assistance for exonerees, including lawyer referrals for free or low cost legal service for expungement, restoration of rights and public benefits, landlord-tenant issues, child custody and divorce, bankruptcy or tax problems. Contact: Jon Eldan, Director, (415) 307-3386. Email: email@example.com.
- provides legal resources by parish, including lawyer referrals, legal aid, law libraries and guides on specific topics. See LEAP on the LSBA website and the Law Library of Louisiana website. For expungement see the Law Library of Louisiana.
- provides a listing of Clerks of Court for filing pleadings, obtaining court documents and locations and expungement forms.
- provides forms, court rules and information on expungement and how to file a motion. Also within the criminal court system is Drug Court, Domestic Violence Court and Mental Health Court. Contact: 2700 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119. (504) 658-9100, fax: (504) 658-9113.
- provides forms including a juvenile expungement form, and information about court run programs such as Behavioral Health Services, Drug Court and Juvenile Detention Alternatives. Contact 1100-B Milton Street, New Orleans, LA 70122. (504) 658-9500, fax: (504) 658-9556.
- 24 hours/7 days a week toll free hotline: 1-888-LAHELP-U (1-888-524-3578). They provide guidance for parents seeking child support. There are charges for enforcement. See website for more information and locations across the state. New Orleans office: Dept. of Children and Family Services, 1630 Iberville Street, Suite 2800, New Orleans, LA 70112. Fax: (504) 556-9708.
(website temporarily under revision) - provides mediation for indigent clients to resolve family law disputes. Contact the Louisiana Civil Justice Center for a referral. Call toll free: (800) 310-7029, or locally (504) 355-0970. Hours are Mon.-Fri., 9:00-4:00.
- provides human rights based legal services for marginalized communities, including immigrant children, asylum seekers and victims of domestic violence, disaster claims assistance and low cost legal services on land rights, including successions. Contact: 620 Oak Harbor Blvd, Suite 203, Slidell, LA 70458. (985) 643-6186, fax: (985) 643-6118. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.